In this mini unit, you and your group will learn about the organization ACT UP, which was founded by Larry Kramer after he left the Gay Men’s Health Crisis. This research work will take your group today’s and tomorrow’s class periods to complete. This is a glossary of ACT UP now terms that might be useful.
- Read about the history of the organization and discuss it with your group. Note important dates and facts.
- Read this timeline of ACT UP.
Each group member should:
- choose 2-3 years to explore more deeply,
- choose a significant action from each of the years
- fill out the graphic organizer with the actions you have chosen
- Discuss these with your group